Question

Metadata not found error when trying to import or export between Ms Projects and IFS

• 8 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

When using the IFS Plugin for MS Projects, I get  a “Metadata not found” error when trying to import or export between Ms Projects and IFS.

I am able to populate the list of projects, but all other interaction seems to generate this error. 

We are using MS Projects (16.0.16130.20218) and IFS Cloud 22R1 (Update 10).

2 replies

Badge +3

We also have this problem. Can anybody look at this? Seems like a bigger issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I believe that the cause of this problem is that the MS Project Interface module has not been licenced to the environment you are using. Or that the module licence has not been properly initiated.

There is a parameter in the build place that needs to be checked:

1.go in to build place > customer solution repository
2.you will get source code > Select the component = fndbas
3. the you open the solutionset.yaml by clicking it > search the component prjmsp = true

If the component parameter is set to prjmsp=false then you will get the error message that you are seeing.

In earlier versions of IFS Cloud the license verification was not invoked for every module. Therefore you were able to access functionality that was not licensed for that implementation. A prime example of this is the PRJMSP module.  You could use it even of you had not bought it. Now the license verification  has been extended to that module and you need to have it included in your solution set if you want to be able to use it.

Talk to your technical support and account manager