Error when copying delivery project

• 1 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

we come across this error when we are trying to copy a project delivery. see the error in screenshot attached. how to resolve this issue? 

icon

Best answer by Alex Crooijmans 1 February 2023, 08:35

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi Ron,

There is a item in the source project that contains a serial with a Part No that is not equal to 1. When using project delivery you can only use serial parts with a qty of 1 in the structure.

I would search in Project Product of the source project for the Part No that is serial and has a qty > 1. You should adjust the qty back to 1 and try to copy again.

BTW: No idea how you managed to get the qty > 1 in the structure (could it be trhoug an interface?)

Regards,

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Alex Crooijmans thank you for your input.

i believe the copy might copy the serial no as well, so my question could be, if the current project got inventory part in stock with the same serial no, if it is being copied, will the replication of the part no+ serial no give this error?

Badge +4

Hi Ron,

That’s not what is in the error message. So I would first investigate my previous remark.

You could do a test with only 1 record in the delivery project and try to copy that with the serial assigned.

/Alex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Alex Crooijmans Thank you.

it turns out you are correct. in Part catalog is changed to serial control after the project delivery is in Designed status. hence the error. system is try to copy the part with qty >1 which are serial controlled.

Thank you.