Solved

Error - Deleting a Project in "Started" Status

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Community,

I’m working in Apps 10 Aurena, where I’m experiencing the following issue. 

I am trying to delete a Project in “Started” status, I have already deleted all the “Sub Project Structures” prior to attempting the Project Deletion via Project Definition > “Delete Project” command. 

However, following error message is thrown and i cannot proceed. 

Assuming that I could get rid of the former error, I tried deleting the “Site” connection to Project, in “Project Definition” > “Site”, but the same error gets thrown there as well.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but as far as I know, I cannot revert the status back to “Approved” nor to “Initialized” from “Started” functionally. 

Hence, I would be really grateful, if someone can help me out here to see if there is a workaround or perhaps point out steps I am missing in the deletion process.

P.S. I just don’t want to change the status using a data script just yet as this issue is happening in client’s PROD environment.

Thanks!

Sachitha

icon

Best answer by GAWIUK 21 August 2023, 15:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

HI @desilvasachitha ,

If you set the status to completed you should then be able to delete the project. You will need to delete the site first.

I presume that there have been no transactions of any sort performed against the project.

Gareth

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

HI GAWIUK,

Thanks for the quick Turn around, I managed to delete the “Site” connection when status of the Project was updated to “Completed”. Thereafter “Delete Project” command worked like a charm. 

Just to confirm, there were no Transactions, connected objects, since I manually backed out each and every single one of them and deleted and cancelled them where appropriate. 

Cheers!
Sachitha