Question

DOP : Improved (Not Deprecated) in 23R1 ?

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I want to confirm one thing in IFS Cloud function, “Dynamic Order Processing (DOP)”.

In  “News In IFS Manufacturing IFS Cloud 23R1”, I have found “DOP Improvements” section start from page 129.

While, I know that DOP is stated as “Deprecated functions” on page 25 in “Release Notes Summary IFS Cloud 21R1”.

How is DOP function positioned in the roadmap of IFS Cloud in the future ?

Will it still be “Deprecated” or not any more as vital function ?

I am so glad if DOP will live long. It is so important as a part of “Seiban” function in Japanese Manufacturing market.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

DOP is 100% part of IFS Cloud, today, and in the future.

The deprecated text you saw in the 21R1 document was just about a specific capability about registering demand from a project where it is replaced by capabilities in project deliverables.

There are many ideas/plans being planned in this area in the coming years all under the initiative of manufacturing excellence.

Regards,

Antony

Badge +2

Hi, Antony

Thank you for your reply. I cleary understood about the difference in 21R1 document and the latest 23R1 improvement in DOP.

Unfortunately, my concern is DOP related to project demand registration. There are customers in Japan heavily delying on it and they want it to stay in the product. Or at least, I want to know when it to be removed from the product with enough time for us (and our customers) to get ready for the migration.

Anyway, it was good for me that it became clear. I have been wondering if the depreciation is changed because the description was not documented in 21R2 or later. I suppose depreciation description should remains in the document or newbee have no chance to know about deprecated function when just referring to the latest documents.

Regards

Kiwamu

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Kiwamu If you want to see the possibility to register DOP as a project miscellaneous demand deprecated in IFS Cloud 21R1 to be re-implemented in future IFS versions, I suggest you request this from the Idea section of the community. Remember to clearly describe the business scenarios and requirements. 

Project deliverables is a great tool for more complex engineer-to-order products. But for products already designed (configure/make-to-order), DOP (Seiban) is the preferred functionality now and in the future.