Solved

Copy paste activities in Sub Project Scope and Schedule

• 12 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Create an activity in a sub project in Sub Project Scope and Schedule and try to copy it and paste it in a different sub project. Try saving records but error pops up “Activity already exists.

The reason for this is having the previous Activity Short Name assigned for the pasted Project Activity. If it is removed, the record can be saved and the system assigned a new activity short name. When the activity count increases, this manual work would be time consuming.

This is not a critical bug, but with this issue copy - pasting activities in this page become not usable. Is a fix for this issue already planned?

icon

Best answer by Ushan Senarath 24 January 2024, 07:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Maybe best to raise this as a bug? I’ve also come across this and would be helpful if this worked without manual adjustment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Buddhika Kurera 

This has already been investigated by the R&D team via Jira ticket ID TEZAUFW-2491
The R&D response is as follows,

//From the framework side (who is responsible for copy/paste operations) this is not a bug. Copy/paste does exactly what the name suggests: it copies the rows from one place to another, just as they are. If there is any additional logic that needs to be applied when copying rows for this scenario, then copy/paste is not the way to go. I would suggest requesting a specific method from Projects for copying things between projects that will do both copying and adjusting data. (That would be an enhancement request though)//

Hence, creating an Idea in the idea wall would be the next action.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Ushan | www.linkedin.com/in/ushan-senarath

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Ushan Senarath Thanks for pointing the Jira ticket for this.

I too agree with the explanation, it is not possible to provide a solution from the framework side but the product side.

This was created by me after I encountered the issue so I thought it would be beneficial to have this feature. However with the current architecture, I understand that there should be another approach. Nevertheless this is not a critical issue and can live with this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is there an idea already? I also agree this is important and I’ll like it

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Ieva Rituma 

Refer to the below link for the Idea created by @Buddhika Kurera in the community.

Best regards,

Ushan | www.linkedin.com/in/ushan-senarath