Skip to main content
Solved

Contribution Margin value - Financial Project

Hello,
I have a problem with the contribution margin when creating the financial project.

Even if I enter a value in the "Contribution margin" field,

the value 0 is automatically taken into account when the financial project is created as you can see in the screenshots.

Any ideas for solving this problem?

Best regards.

4 replies

Badge +4

I have the same. is this a bug or a missing setup?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

The contribution margin applicable for Financial Projects and Projects initiated from IFS Project. There you can Enter the estimated contribution margin ratio as a percentage. If you enter 20, for example, this means that 80% of each revenue transaction is posted as a preliminary cost while the project is active.

This value must be entered for projects of the Capitalize Exp type.

Contribution margin automatically picked when you connect the project group in this screen (Approve the project and create financial project ).

So please check whether you have defined margin  in the project group that you want to connect and the project type is correct or not here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Contribution margin can be entered for project type ‘Capitalize Exp’.When revenue is entered, an estimated cost corresponding to the current contribution margin ratio is posted to a preliminary cost account.

Badge +4

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your help.

But my expectation was, that if I create the Project in Project Management page and connect it with the financial Project, that the entered contribution margin (here 0):

will be transferred to the financial project as well.

But that is not the case.

I need to entere the Contribution margin manually in the financial project.

Those are two steps instead of having one.

BR,

Benjamin