Question

Connect Project Activity to MRO Shop Order: Invoicing

• 30 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello All,

Regarding MRO Shop Orders in Cloud 23R1 that are connected to a Project Activity, I have the following questions on Invoicing and Revenue Recognition. 
This is in preparation for delivering some sessions next week on Project Connection to IFS partners in the MRO area - any help would be much appreciated ! 

• Does the project activity collect the MRO sales lines or CAWO (Complex Assembly Work Order) sales lines?
    How can we observe Revenue collected on a project activity connected to shop order?

• How can we invoice the CAMRO customer using Project rather than CAWO (Complex Assembly Work Order) ?
    How can we see the Project Transactions for an activity that accumulates cost from Shop Order? When we search the Project Activity in "Project Transactions" page, no records are found to invoice

• When we try to perform invoicing through "Create Invoicing Plan" on Invoicing Plan page, the Report Code field is empty for the Project Activity. Why is this the case when Report Code is already defined on shop order connected project activity and set to Invoiceable

Thanks a lot!
Sayeef

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello @CHJYLK. Might you help ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Sayeef.M ,

I have done these solutions under App10 as a customization. Let me know, if you need any assistance.

Generally, code part value play a role here w.r.t revenue recognition. But, if you want to see the revenue recognition at each financial period, you might need to develop a report which should include (internal and external service cost).