Question

Component scrap in project deliverable structure

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

• Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a project deliverable structure where : 

• The parent part will be manufactured with a shop order connected to the project,
  • The components will be supplied with MRP.

To be clear, the components come from the project deliverable structure, they are not coming from a manufacturing product structure.

--> How can I take into account a scrap factor for the components? meaning every time they are used on a project deliverable shop order, we will have a % of loss?

Thanks for your help,

Caroline

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Typically you store this on the inventory part, so upon order you order an additional X-%. 

Making it part of you structure basically removes the possibility to analyze the actual scrap percentages (since you loose the Net Eng Qty). You could make a custom field calculating the amount of scrap but that would be around it. 

Thanks for your reply Marten.
The inventory part scrap factor information isn't read by MRP when the demand comes from a project deliverable structure - which seems to me as a missing functionality.
So that confirms that there’s no standard way of having that scrap factor separated from the required qty : the planned scrap needs to be included in the ‘required qty’ on the project deliverable components.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

That's odd indeed, maybe report a bug for this. 

In the PMRP it does.