Solved

%Completion in Project Navigator

• 21 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I use MSP to export my Project  to IFS.

I fill the %Complete and others data in MSP and then export my project to IFS.

Where can I see the effect of %Complete data in Project Navigator?

Is there any possibility to submit %completion in IFS?

icon

Best answer by GAWIUK 23 June 2023, 11:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Armaghan 

Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Armaghan ,

Unfortunately, the MSP to IFS interface does not transfer the %Complete from MS Project to IFS via the standard interface.

A design decision was made by R&D to retain complete control of the progress of an activity to be within IFS. The reason being that the various Progress methods that could be applied to an activity (Connected Objects, Consumption Based, Tasks, Template Progress, etc) do not exist in MSP. Rather than allowing just Progress Method = Manual to be updated and all the others not to be, they decided to not allow any transfer of progress from MSP to IFS.

A workaround you could develop is to export the data from the MSProject and then import that into IFS using data migration. Or you could modify the interface with a customisation to meet your requirements.

Interestingly, the Primavera interface does transfer Progress from P6 to IFS for Manual progress method activities.

I hope this information has helped

Gareth Williams

Principal Consultant - Projects

Badge +4

Hi @Armaghan 

Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards,

Mithun K V

Dear @EqeMithuV 

Yes

This Section is related to my question.

Thanks for your attention and the time you spend.

Badge +4

Hi @Armaghan ,

Unfortunately, the MSP to IFS interface does not transfer the %Complete from MS Project to IFS via the standard interface.

A design decision was made by R&D to retain complete control of the progress of an activity to be within IFS. The reason being that the various Progress methods that could be applied to an activity (Connected Objects, Consumption Based, Tasks, Template Progress, etc) do not exist in MSP. Rather than allowing just Progress Method = Manual to be updated and all the others not to be, they decided to not allow any transfer of progress from MSP to IFS.

A workaround you could develop is to export the data from the MSProject and then import that into IFS using data migration. Or you could modify the interface with a customisation to meet your requirements.

Interestingly, the Primavera interface does transfer Progress from P6 to IFS for Manual progress method activities.

I hope this information has helped

Gareth Williams

Principal Consultant - Projects

Dear @GAWIUK 

Thanks for your response.

It clears my mind completely.