Question

Why do new Inventory Location Bay/Row/Tier/Bin fields default to ' -' (with a leading space)?

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Using Enterprise Explorer, Apps 10. Unsure if i’ve selected the correct sub forum but there isn’t one for inventory or warehouse so have gone for manufacturing (since it the below issue mainly affects our factory stock counts).

When creating a new Inventory Location, the Bay, Row, Tier and Bin fields default to ‘ -’ (rather than just ‘-’). If this isn’t noticed and any of them are left like this, when someone on the shop floor tries to generate a count report (using all of the Bay/Row/Tier/Bin information), there is a good chance that they won’t notice the leading space in these fields and the count report will not generate, meaning that they are unable to count the stock.

This is particularly an issue since inventory locations can’t be deleted and recreated after they have been used before. 

Is there a reason why the Bay/Row/Tier/Bin fields default to this ‘ -’ value?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I think the question should go to Distribution Product, however I too noticed this, and it should be a BUG.

Badge +2

Hi, is there a way to move this topic elsewhere then? Or is it just a case of opening a new one?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I could not find a way to Move, opening a new one should be the way forward.