Question

Warehouse re-labeling

• 11 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi , 

Does anyone know if there's a functionality in IFS to re-label all inventory parts by location? 

eg. I want to print labels from all inventory parts located in a specific Bay or Row. I don’t want to print labels part by part, this will take forever. 

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

What did you mean by labels?

Is that barcode labels?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Can you export all of the parts found in a particular location with the location details into Excel, then do a mail merge to a label document and print the labels in that fashion?  Or do you have a specific printer connected to IFS that you are printing each of these labels when you do it part by part?  If you need to print to the specific printer, then I think you’ll need to have a small program written to call that report but loop through each of the parts in the location.  I don’t know of a way to select the parts by location and print them all as individual labels.  But we have done the function as I suggested and created it as a custom RMB on an object to print a series of labels.  We do that on the Shop Order for example to print material labels from the Shop Order header.

Badge +1

What did you mean by labels?

Is that barcode labels?

yup , correct. Barcode Labels 

Badge +1

Can you export all of the parts found in a particular location with the location details into Excel, then do a mail merge to a label document and print the labels in that fashion?  Or do you have a specific printer connected to IFS that you are printing each of these labels when you do it part by part?  If you need to print to the specific printer, then I think you’ll need to have a small program written to call that report but loop through each of the parts in the location.  I don’t know of a way to select the parts by location and print them all as individual labels.  But we have done the function as I suggested and created it as a custom RMB on an object to print a series of labels.  We do that on the Shop Order for example to print material labels from the Shop Order header.

Thanks!! In our previous software, we had an option where you can select a specific Bay or Row and print all the Barcode Labels based on the Items and the on-hand quantities we had in that specific location

Badge +1

Thanks!! In our previous software, we had an option where you can select a specific Bay or Row and print all the Barcode Labels based on the Items and the on-hand quantities we had in that specific location

We have a specific ZEBRA printer connected to IFS where we are printing each of these labels and part by part

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Agustin wrote:

We have a specific ZEBRA printer connected to IFS where we are printing each of these labels and part by part

OK, then the export and mail merge won’t help, that is what I sort of figured.