Question

Using Kanban circuit to stop over producing

• 16 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am facing an issue at our factory that when an integration line has a stoppage, the information does not reach manufacturing and the parts manufactured keep clogging the lines. I have found no way to control this in IFS. I have not used Kanban circuits before but I was wondering if this could be a solution. could I set a maximum quantity for a specific part and a reorder point so when the quantity of parts exceeds the set limit, no more shop orders are released into manufacturing?

thank you in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you report against shop order operations you can set on the part whether over reporting should be allowed and if allowed the over report tolerance allowed.

Badge +1

Hello, thank you for the quick response. I am afraid, I am not familiar with operation over report. Is it possible to go into more detail about that? in what module can I activate this?

with best regards!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Savtsuk You define this on the Inventory Part/Manufacturing tab. If you set to not allow over reporting and 0 tolerance system will give an error if you try to report higher than planned quantity on a shop order operation. 

Badge +1

Hello, thank you again. this is already set to not allowed. the problem is not inaccurate reporting. rather starting a new shop order when there is already an abundance of parts produced due to integration line stoppage. lets say the integration line needs 100 parts during the week and each shop order for manufacturing gives a signal to make 10 parts. no lets say that 2 shop orders have been finished and parts are taken to the integration line (20 parts) and 5 of them have been used, but suddenly there is an issue that causes the integration line to stop. while the integration line is at halt, they don’t need extra parts. but that information does not reach the manufacturing and they keep opening the rest of the 8 shop orders and manufacture parts. I was hoping to for instance set a kanban  so when the quantity of parts reaches to for example 10 parts, only then would a signal to open the next shop order would go to manufacturing.

I hope I described my issue well enough.

with best regards!