Question

Unreceive on SO not possible with Mandatory Expiration Date

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this scenario before? The scenario is in Apps 10 EE.

We have received some parts into stock from a shop order. The parts were marked as requiring an expiration date (mandatory expiration date check box checked on Inventory Part). So when we received them into stock they were given an expiration date. We then reopened the shop order and tried to unreceive it because we needed to make adjustments. However, when we were trying to do this we were presented with an error message saying that an expiration date is mandatory and requires a value.

Why would the system check for an expiration date when you unreceive on the shop order? It doesn’t make sense to me?

The only way we could get around this error was to uncheck the box for mandatory expiration date, then unreceive the goods, and then check the box again.

Am I missing some logic here?

Thank you in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@MariaN to me this sounds as a bug. Unreceiving the SO should be possible without asking for an expiration date. Maybe you could log this with IFS Support and then share if they confirm it’s a bug or not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Marcel,

I think so, too. We will report it to IFS as a potential bug and see what the response is. I’ll update this thread once we hear back from support.

Thanks

Maria