• 7 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Navigate to Disposition Shop Order
Search a SO-No: >
Click on the three dots in right top corner in the header area
Go to Reports> Work Instructions
Click OK from the next window as in the SS.

As the next step when you click Preview Button as in the SS the following error appears.

When we refer the error from Print Manger following error is there. 

This error is only appearing for particular shop orders there are correctly working reports as well. 

The Error as follows:
Error Occured while rendering the (plugin) report. Error: GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_SAX_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: 'Error while removing Invalid XML characters. Failed header / footer fetch mark/reset not supported'' ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report: 'TRANS_SAX_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: 'Error while removing Invalid XML characters. Failed header / footer fetch mark/reset not supported''

As per the error it is appearing conversion of invalid characters.
Is there a way we can find out what are the special characters that is stopping the flow when generating the report? 

IFS Aurena framework version: 22.1.2.20220505024025.0

IFS Aurena client version: 22.1.2.20220505024025.0

IFS OData provider version: 22.1.2.20220505025800.0

icon

Best answer by Tharaka_TdR 7 March 2023, 08:34

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Morning @TIADJP ,

I having exactly same error too. Did you have any information on how to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Gianni

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We have the same issue here, I’ve inspected the XML in the print manager, and cannot see any issues with the XML.

Any progress on this?

The app should really format the data to ensure it is valid.

Userlevel 7

I believe this is caused by a known bug that has been resolved in 21R2 SU17, 22R1 SU12, and 22R2 SU5. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes this is a bug and fix in 21.2.17 - 21R2 SU17,22.1.12 - 22R1 SU12,22.2.5 - 22R2 SU5,23.1E.0 - 23R1 EA

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello IFS Community,
We have excatly the same error that appeared since this weekend after we upgraded from IFS Cloud 22R1 SU11 to 22R1 SU12.
We did not have this error before in 22R1 SU11, and if it is the same bug that’s contradictory with the fact that it should have been fixed in 22R1 SU12 as you say.
The issue is blocking PRODUCTION as we cannot print P.O. anymore, so I am going to open a case on the IFS customer portal, but also throwing a bottle to the sea here in IFS community portal
Thanks for any help or advice
Henri

Badge +3

Hi Thilan,

Based on the information you provided, it seems like you are facing an issue with a missing XML tag or a data issue when creating an XML. Here are some steps that you can follow to resolve this issue:

1. The first step is to export the XML file that is causing the issue. Make sure that you have the correct file, and it is saved in the correct location.

2. Once you have the XML file, use an XML validator to check if the file is valid. This step will help you identify if there are any missing tags or special characters causing the error.

3. After validating the XML file, you can identify the exact location where the file is getting invalid. Look for any missing tags or special characters that are causing the error.

4. Next, you should check the .rdf file where the XML tag is generating. Investigate the cursors or data retrieving place to identify the exact location where the tag is generated.

5. Finally, correct any basic data issues or .rdf file errors that you found. If you made changes to the .rdf file, deploy the changes to the correct database to ensure that the error is resolved.

Following these steps will help you identify and resolve any missing XML tag or special character errors that you may be experiencing.

I hope this explanation helps you! Please feel free to ask any further questions if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Tharaka_TdR 
Thanks for your help. 
I was able to solve this with the given steps. 
In my case i had the issue with the GUIDELINE TEXT in Shop Order Operation Work Guideline window. 
GUIDELINE TEXT was too large to execute in the XML format. 
It should be within 128 Characters

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Thilan Lasitha Can you tell how did you get the XML file?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Thilan Lasitha Can you tell how did you get the XML file?

From PRINT MANAGER window

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We moved to 22R2 SU7 and got the above error from customized layouts. Any suggestion to resolve?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We have the same error in version 23R1 SU5!
If we restart the faulty lines via print manager it works. So, it must be a issue on the MWS.