Question

Transfer inventory part unit cost to costing

• 21 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello!

Is there a way to transfer Inventory part unit cost, which IFS automatically updates, directly to under costing, for example to cost set one?

What we would like to do is update our Sales part base prices from costing that way that we could use unit cost value which IFS calculates when receiving purchase parts. So that Inventory part unit cost could be transferred to one of the cost sets under costing and from there it could be transferred to sales part base price. 

Thanks for all answers!
-Eetu 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Extract the Unit Cost via a migration job or download

Use a separate migration job to import the unit cost and update Estimated Material Cost

Cost calculate in one of the cost sets (we use Cost Set 2 for ongoing, Cost Set 7 for year end specific)

Copy to Cost Set 1

Update Sales Part Base Prices from Cost (which at this point will be CS1)

You can’t update Cost Set 1 directly, not even with a migration job, so you always have to use the calculate in another set and copy.  Update of Base Prices is always from Cost Set 1, so have to get to that step to do it automatically.  The transfer of Unit to Estimated is also not possible automatically via an IFS function.

It is a multi-step process no matter how you go about it, but some portions can be automated or scheduled.

Badge +1

Expecting more reply.

Badge +2

@ShawnBerk Thanks for the quick reply! 

I was hoping that there could have been some kind of possibility to automate the Unit cost transfer. But it seems we have to do it the way you described and run it maybe once a quarter to keep Sales part base prices up to date compared to unit costs. 

Badge +1

@ShawnBerk Thanks for the quick reply! 
epayitonline.com
I was hoping that there could have been some kind of possibility to automate the Unit cost transfer. But it seems we have to do it the way you described and run it maybe once a quarter to keep Sales part base prices up to date compared to unit costs. 

That is battling. I was stunned by your affiliation.