Question

Supplier wise Product Structure Alternates

• 18 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 15 replies

Is it possible to create supplier wise Product Structure Alternates? As i sent different component to different supplier for outsourcing job work, for the same parent part.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m not sure if you’re using outside operations/subcontracting within a shop order, but if that is the case I believe it it possible using different routing alternates.

Create work center X connected to supplier A and work center Y connected to supplier B.

Then create two different routing alternates, one for each work center with one outside operation item (purchase part) each.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Abdul just to obtain more clarity, so there is an outside operation and you have number of suppliers who can actually do that operation for you. Now, depends on who the supplier will be, the materials used in that shop order will differ. Is this what you are expecting ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Let me explain little more, in our case we have two product structure alternates for parent part A (A is a Purchase type part). Now we want to link our product structure alternates * and 1 with supplier S1 and supplier S2 respectively so whenever we create purchase order for parent part A by selcting supplier S1, system automatically shows B and C as component parts that we would sent to supplier. Similarly when we create purchase order by selecting supplier S2 sytem automatically show B, C and D as compopnent parts.

Here we are not doing operation outsourcing but here we receiving A as a finish good item by sending B and C or B, C and D as row material.

Parent Part has two Structure alternate * and 1 as shown in image respectively

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Abdul 

Interested in the same topic. We have a similar situation where we would like to use two different Alternate Structures (Purchase type). 

But the Purchase Order will always refer to Alternate Structure * (and never let us choose any different Alternate Structure). 

How did you solve your need? Can you explain? Any ideas on how to use two different Alternate Structures (Purchase type)?

Thnaks and regards,

Iker A

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have the same problem of @Abdul and  @ikerarri.  Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance