Question

Supplier Material Reserve/Issue Only from Specified Locations

• 2 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Not sure if anyone else has seen this issue. Using Cloud but behaviour is the same in Apps 9/10.

I have a purchased part, with a buildable purchase product structure. I want to send the components to the supplier using supplier material.

I am trying to get the system to only reserve the supplier material from a supplier’s location, not from a main warehouse stock location, as the part will be ordered and drop-shipped to the supplier. I want the application to raise a purch req if there’s no stock in the supplier’s location.

But even though the inventory part is set to reserve & issue only from specified locations and the location is entered on the buildable purchase product structure for that component line, it still allows me to reserve the supplier material from the main warehouse stock location.

The purchase product structure is buildable because I want MRP to plan the material, which will be issued to the supplier using supplier material on the purchase order line. But it allows me to reserve the supplier material from any location.

So, my conclusion is that the reserve & issue only from specified location only works for shop order material not for purchase order supplier material.

Has anyone else seen this or made it work for supplier material?

Thanks in advance.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!