Solved

Standard Lot Size

• 16 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi. Using apps 10 and wanted to know if there is a search i can run that will show me all the parts within a structure and there standard lot size (like multilevel availability planning) ? 

regards

Jamie 

icon

Best answer by Jagath Dharmakeethi 16 September 2021, 18:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @jamiewhite,

You can add a custom field and fulfill this requirement.

Thanks,

jagath

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@jamiewhite ,

Please check the steps in attached doc.

You can do the same in multilevel availability planning window as well.

I did this for Product Structure Multilevel tab.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi. Using apps 10 and wanted to know if there is a search i can run that will show me all the parts within a structure and there standard lot size (like multilevel availability planning) ? 

regards

Jamie 

@jamiewhite Just curious as to what the benefit is to having this information available?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks @Jagath Dharmakeethi this was great help.

@matt.watters we are having issues with level scheduling and believe it is down to the size of the standard lot size of some of the parts within the structure.

regards

Jamie

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Standard Lot Size has no effect on planning or scheduling, unless you are somehow also using the same value for your Min/Max/Multiple Lot Size attributes. Standard Lot Size is used: 1) for calculating the manufacturing lead time (for that specific lot size) and 2) in Costing Calculation for spreading the Setup Costs over the Standard Lot Size for better unit costing.

Also, refer to this post for additional information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@matt.watters I thought that the standard lot size determines the batch size of the shop order that MRP creates a shop order requisition to meet the demand for. See the snippet of the IPAP below you can see lots of lines of demand of 120 then you get a supply line of the shop order requisition of 1134.

am I incorrect?

take the part below with a standard lot size of 1134

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@jamiewhite The 1134 for the shop requisition was generated due to the Min/Max/Mult Lot Size parameters on the part. You would see the same Shop Order Req supply from MRP with a Standard Lot Size = 0.

Standard Lot Size does not affect MRP order quantities.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Agreed with @matt.watters, Standard lot size will be used for costing.

Thanks,

Jagath