Solved

'Simulate Availability for Shop Order Material'

• 20 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Can someone indicate how this page works and its benefit plz.

As it stands, when I paste a part no. into the search and enter the screen the page is blank. Are there preliminary data requirements?

thanks,

Joher 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 20 July 2020, 14:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

For instance, is pegging required or DOP in order for the relations to be drawn?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi, 

No pegging or DOP is required, rather it only requires a Manufactured part with a valid Structure and Routing.  The key is that this isn’t strictly a search, rather it is a simulation, and as such, you have to supply additional parameters and execute the simulation to see data.  The intent is attempt to validate your inventory position into the future for the material needed for manufactured items.  I find this is usually the case when you know you are getting a large order in the future, or someone asks for the best available date for a non-stocked item and you want to work out material shortages without an actual shop order in place.

There are three steps:

1. Search for the part
  2. Enter a start date and a quantity for the order in the simulation conditions (this is the minimum required info)
  3. RMB > Simulate
Simulate Setup

The key then is whether the part is available or not

The only downside is that it isn’t useful for configured items, for that you would need to use an interim order to help decide material availability for a specific configuration ID.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@ShawnBerk What is the difference between “Available” vs “available in inventory”? I tried a simulate and noticed these two values in availability column. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@tonybiagini 

Available - the amount in inventory is not enough to cover the simulated demand and current demand, but adding in future supply, it will still be covered - see 1

Available in Inventory - the amount in inventory is enough to cover the simulated demand and current demand without needing the additional future supply - see 2

Here is the formula: