Solved

Shop Order WIP on Closed Orders

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi all,

I currently have an issue that was highlighted on a report where some very old orders (some back as far as 2012) are fully closed and reported however have an outstanding WIP value. 

Shop Order - Detail

Shop Order Costs

As the outwork was fully completed, the order received and the product sold there is nothing I seem to be able to do in relation to clearing this WIP value.

Hopefully some of you clever people have an idea on how I might proceed to dealing with this?

Regards
Nathan

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Illangasinghe 4 May 2021, 16:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @ntaylor ,

Did you try by re-opening the Shop Order and Closing again ? (Pretty sure your accounting periods for 2012 are closed so there is a possibility that you will get the diff postings to new periods. So try it in a TEST or somewhere first)

When closing the Shop Order it needs to clear the WIPs. 

A fix was done to APP9 UPD8 sometime ago and it looks like you have closed these Shop Orders before that (probably in an earlier version of IFS App)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Tharindu Illangasinghe 

Thanks for your reply. 

Only 1 out of 6 orders allowed me to just re-open and close to fix the issue unfortunately. It might be a data fix that is required to fix the others as for example we have one where we had an operation assigned to an outside work center but in 2011 it seems someone switched it to an internal work center without un-shipping the WIP.

Do you recommend I create a support case on these?

Regards
Nathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @ntaylor ,

How about re-opening the shop order and correcting (canceling incorrectly reported operations and re-reporting) the invalid operation reports ?

If the functional options are not going to work then the only possibility I could see is a data repair. :slight_frown:
Yes, you can contact the Support but I’m not sure about the chargeability.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Apologies for the very slow reply on this one. Opening and Closing managed to fix one of the orders however the rest are stuck and like you said @Tharindu Illangasinghe will likely need a data fix as they were transacted long before Apps 9 UPD 8 came out.

This is something that I will discuss with the business and see how they want to deal with the residual WIP.

Regards
Nathan