Solved

Shop Order Scrap of Serial Part and As-Built Structures #2

• 7 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Looking for methods anyone has used to handle the following.

Apps10 update8

On a Shop Order I am manufacturing a serial-tracked, lot-tracked, multi-level tracked part through (4) operations 10, 20, 30, 40. Lot size = 5. Serial numbers 1-5 and Lot/Batch AAA have been reserved for this shop order.

My Site is set to auto-build the tracked structures.

All component material is issued, all of this material is serial and lot-tracked also. The Shop Order As-Built Structure is completed before I start production.

At Operation 20 I want to scrap (1) part, and this part has been physically identified in the shop as Serial No. 1.

After performing a Shop Order Scrap for a quantity of (1), I delete Serial No. 1 from the list of reserved serials, which alters the parent-child relations in the system-generated Shop Order As-Built structures for the remaining serial numbers. Note: I deleted Serial No. 1 from the list of reserved serials because during the Report Scrap process on the shop order, I cannot designate which serial I am scrapping, i.e., the one I will not be receiving at the end of the shop order.

What has been your experience in best method(s) for getting the Shop Order As-Built Structures correct after scrapping a part during serial manufacturing? Do not auto-build the Shop Order As-Built Structures ahead of time? Wait until receipt to build them and/or alter them?

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 8 April 2022, 08:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ideally there should be an option to unreserve serial/lot batch no at the same time as you report the scrap. This has been requested in the idea section and is in the R&D roadmap for future developments. Feel free to support this idea and provide your own comments if you have any additional input.

But I do think you are on the right track when you after scrapping unreserve the serial number that was scrapped. I don’t think the as-built structure (tracked structure) should be altered at this point. I ran a test myself where components serials 1 to 5 where linked to parent serials 1 to 5. When I scrapped parent 1. the parent serials 2 to 5 still contains component serials 2 to 5 as expected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Björn Hultgren Thanks for the reply. I have asked the customer to enter a case for IFS to investigate the behavior the customer has observed. The short version: In your scenario, they have seen a lot/batch tracked component move from parent serial 5 to parent serial 4 when scrapping a quantity of 1 on the shop order.