Question

Shop Order Part Description

• 1 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

IFS pulls out the part description from Inventory Part>Identification>Inventory Part Description even though we ticked Use Part Catalog Description for Inventory Parts in the Site setup. I was wondering whether I was missing something.

Cheers !

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I tried to recreate this, but when I have selected to use Part Catalog Description on the site it shows that description on the shop order as expected.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I tried to recreate this, but when I have selected to use Part Catalog Description on the site it shows that description on the shop order as expected.

Do you reckon I should open a ticket then ? Cheers !

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mbourret Yes if you have selected to use part catalog description, but see the inventory part description on the shop order, you can create a support ticket. Since I cannot recreate it in the latest version it might already have been corrected there though. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi guys,

Just wanted to double check if you have any part description per language code?

Cheers,

Mats

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mbourret 

Seems like the same issue has already been reported and corrected by the R&D team in 23R2 EA via MFZ-16175

Regards, Ushan

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi guys,

Just wanted to double check if you have any part description per language code?

Cheers,

Mats

Hi,

We do, we have a description in English and French for this specific part.

Cheers !

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Mbourret 

Seems like the same issue has already been reported and corrected by the R&D team in 23R2 EA via MFZ-16175

Regards, Ushan

Hi, Brillant, we’re set to update in the coming days so I reckon that’ll fix it.

Cheers !