Question

Shop Order Operations quantity goes negative

• 20 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am looking at shop order statuses daily and coming across many negative values which makes it difficult to find product and report accurately. Is there a method of restricting buyoffs in IFS if the quantity being signed off is greater than the executable quantity in that Op? See below: 6 units were never “moved” in IFS from Solder, but inspection was able to sign them off on their op in advance. This happens often when multiple kits are being worked together (which is to say, all the time).

Secondary long-term question: Ideally, I would be interested to know if these three traceable data collections on op buyoffs are possible in IFS:

1. When serialized, a data entry to input the serial number(s) being moved, maybe in the same pop-up that quantity is typically entered. In addition to or perhaps replacing our limited test analysis, and searchable after signoff.
  2. The material & lot used on that op, with a warning if the wrong consumable part number was selected to be used on an assembly when compared to the material on the BOM, or if expired.
  3. A torque value and tool used, calibration due date, where applicable. This also showing a warning if the torque value is incorrect or the tool has expired.

I used the above methods of traceability in other shop floor programs in the past and they prevented escapes and lost documentation with paper routers. Thanks for any guidance or insight you can provide!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you select the Milestone Operation option on the operation, the logic will not allow a higher completed quantity to be reported than completed on the previous operation (typically the executable quantity)