Solved

Shop order and operations

• 6 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hello

We are using shop orders, and are now looking into standard operations and routing operations. Everything works well and looks good. 

The only thing not suitable for us, is the need of manually report operations / or manually close operations. At least for now we don’t need this.

When we try to recieve inventory without reporting operations we get this Error Message, but I can’t seem to figure out how to find or how to use auto report functionality. Please help. :) 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 6 October 2021, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you select the check box Auto Report of Operations you are able to receive without reporting the operations first.

Badge +3

If you select the check box Auto Report of Operations you are able to receive without reporting the operations first.

Thank you! I find this box on “recieve shop order”, but can I find it for example on the standard operation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Right, this is is a decision you select when you receive the shop order. You can set the default value to auto report operations by default in the Properties dialog available if you right click in the Receive Shop order window.

If you want to avoid an operation from being auto reported it can be setup as a milestone. that I think is available in standard operation window.

Badge +3

Ok, thank you very much! This was helpful. However it doesn’t really give me the function I was looking for. We recieve handling units automatic from the production line, so we don’t use the window “recieve shop order” manually or automatic. So without closing/report the operations before recieving the first handling unit (or package for us) we won’t be able to recieve them/create them on the shop order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How do you receive shop orders (with handling units)? What window are you using, or are you receiving automatically from an integration?

Badge +3

Hello Björn

We have a so called package customization for wood packages, and as far as I understand we use the data migration tool to recieve the incoming packages and then they are connected to handling units. We are a sawmilling company with production lines, so its kind of wrong for us to report the operations before recieving packages. But we like to use the standard operations anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Okay. Well, standard operations you can use regardless of whether to manually or auto report operations. And if you receive through some integration interface I assume you should be able to also then receive with this Auto Report set to true.