Solved

Setting up Control plan to the part

• 13 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Community,

If there are parts that utilized in many work centers (7 to 10)to reduce the setup work, is it possible to tie the control plan to the part, despite of the work center when the control plan is part only?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Thilan Lasitha 17 September 2021, 07:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If you want the control plans to be Part based not process based, I believe that you do your analysis at the end of the process. If that is the case, you can use Control Plan – Inventory instead of Control Plan – Manufacturing. So you perform Analysis for a specific part at a specific location. Could be the outbound location of the last operation.   

Badge +1

If you want the control plans to be Part based not process based, I believe that you do your analysis at the end of the process. If that is the case, you can use Control Plan – Inventory instead of Control Plan – Manufacturing IndigoCard. So you perform Analysis for a specific part at a specific location. Could be the outbound location of the last operation.   

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

HI @Malmee Amunugama 

As a suggestion: Use the Copy Control plan option and connect the different routings to it. I think the only and best option is left is that because no other would be a great option to connect routings to the MCP.
If not Warehouse control plan can be useful to activate manually or by an event once your part is received.

Best Regards,
Thilan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Thilan,

it was most helpful.

Thanks,

Malmee.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If you want the control plans to be Part based not process based, I believe that you do your analysis at the end of the process. If that is the case, you can use Control Plan – Inventory instead of Control Plan – Manufacturing IndigoCard. So you perform Analysis for a specific part at a specific location. Could be the outbound location of the last operation.   

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Glad to be of help,

Best Regards,

Malmee.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If you want the control plans to be Part based not process based, I believe that you do your analysis at the end of the process. If that is the case, you can use Control Plan – Inventory instead of Control Plan – Manufacturing. So you perform Analysis for a specific part at a specific location. Could be the outbound location of the last operation.   

Thanks for the info!

Best Regards,

Malmee.