Question

Separating "PN - Description" into different columns

Badge +2

When viewing component parts on the Product Structure page the Component Part column is formatted like: “Part Number - Description”. When you export to Excel, this column is formatted the same way. We would like a dedicated column for Part Number, and a dedicated column for Description. Is there a way to achieve? Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dtaranto ,

You can do this in excel as below 

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +2

Thank you for the response. However, the problem is many of our part numbers (and descriptions) contain the character “-”. I believe all our part numbers containing a “-” would be cut short using this approach. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@dtaranto When I tried to export from a page with Part Number and Description in the same field, they where already separated when exported to excel. Which version are you on?

Badge +2

They are not separated before the export (see screenshot below). Component part number and component part description are merged into one column called “Component Part”. I am using IFS Apps 10 (Aurena). Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@dtaranto In IFS Cloud the Component Part Number and Component Part Description are displayed in the same field, but when exported to Excel they are separated into part number and description. See below:

Badge +2

Not for me… Is this configurable somewhere? I would like the export to look like yours. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think it’s an enhancement that was made in IFS Cloud that might not be available in Apps 10.

Badge +2

When viewing component parts on the Product Structure page the Component Part column is formatted like: “Part Number - Description”. When you export to Excel, this column is formatted the same way. We would like a dedicated column for Part Number, and a dedicated column for Description. Is there a way to achieve? Thanks

@dtaranto In IFS Cloud the Component Part Number and Component Part Description are displayed in the same field, but when exported to Excel they are separated into part number and description. See below:

Can you please let me know the cloud version in which, there is dedicated column for component and its description.

Badge +2

@Björn Hultgren Can you please let me know the cloud version in which there is dedicated column for component and its description.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Haru unfortunately I’m not aware in exactly which IFS Cloud version this feature became available.