Question

Scrap on multiple Operations ?

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

With the introduction of MES integrations in IFS Cloud we have stumbled on an issue that is not isolated to MES functionality.

Is there any way to distribute the scrap between operations.

Example: 

Using Nesting system that calculates the best possible nesting result given the operations available.

Each nesting will result in a more or less unique scrapping percentage of the ingoing raw material.

we want to distribute the scrap equally between the operations so we get the issuing from stock correctly. 

Is there a way in IFS Cloud Standard to distribute scrap over a set of operations by selecting multiple operations or by Operation Block.

With MES functionality I know that this can be handled before IFS Cloud by the integration platform, but you seldom want to create too much logic in a integration platform.

Without MES functionality (or integration) we can set planned scrap and then do an inventory counting afterwards, but that sort of misses the point.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@spemichwenn There’s not way to automatically have component scrap distributed among several material lines (connected to different operations).

However, if the end goal is to issue correct quantity of the material for each operation, would it rather be an option to instead issue the total quantity actually consumed by the operations of the material and have that total issued quantity distributed to the material lines linked to the operation? If that is the case the Manual Issue Operation Material functionality can be used.

In below example I have the same material (PTS) linked to operation 10 on two separate operations. I have selected both operations from shop floor workbench and opened the manual issue operation material dialog. 

The first operation requires a quantity of 5 of the material and the other operation 10. I.e., a total of 15 is required. However, Since I have set the Reserve/Issue Method = Manual, system will accept that any quantity is issued. 

Now let’s say we actually consumed a quantity of 14 for these two operations. Then system will automatically distribute this quantity so that a quantity of 4.67 is issued to the material line linked to the first operation, and a quantity of 9.33 is issued to the material line linked to the second operation.