Question

Routing Transport Time vs Queue Time

• 3 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Has anyone used Transport Time in IFS Apps 8 ?  What benefit would this give me over using Queue time on the Work Center

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Queue time on the Work Center applies to every single routing where the work center appears, so is essentially a global setting.  This is beneficial if you can define for a workcenter or process that there is always a fixed wait time for that resource.  Transport Time then becomes routing specific and allows further adjustment per operation within a given routing, it is not global.

So Queue Time is your global coarse control, Transport Time is your specific fine control.

They aren’t the same thing, so don’t view one as more beneficial than the other when compared in a vacuum.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you , your response has been very helpful.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Shawn

Can you please advise is the labour run factor a fraction of an hour .  I am trying to see from the labour and operation history the reported man hours and I want to be sure that the time I am reporting is reflective of the time the man works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@klorimer 

Yes, the labour run factor and the machine run factor are typically a fractional number between 0 and 1.  We use machine labor to cover both people and equipment, but if you have labor that follows the natural IFS usage, labour run factor would have to be greater than 0 for you I would think - much like our Mach Run Factor.