Solved

Routing operation scheduled Out of Sequence

• 24 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello 

I have recently noticed that our IFS Apps 10 is scheduling operation out of sequence, as below op 30 ‘Inspect and NDT to checklist’ has a planned op start date of 30/04/2021 which is 3 days before op 10 ‘Tack’ up is planned to start 05/05/2021.

I have looked at the routing below for the part and can not see anything that jumps out as being out of the ordinary and the operations are in the correct sequence.

both work centres are set up using Finite capacity, utilisation set at 100% and concurrent operations set to ‘Allowed -group start in sequence’ as below.

does anyone know what could be causing the system to schedule out of sequence?

regards

Jamie 

icon

Best answer by MBENSE 24 May 2021, 13:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Closed operations are not rescheduled, when the shop order is rescheduled. I suspect that in your case, op 30 was closed before op 10 was closed, and after op 30 was closed, a rescheduling has been performed on the shop order. In the history tab on the shop order, you can see if op 30 was closed before op 10.

By looking at your work center settings, you can also see that Base Remaining Hours On, is set to Reported Time, i.e. if you have report more time then what is planned, the remaining time to schedule would be 0, which is also what you can see is the difference between start and finish time on op 30, i.e. it is scheduled to be finish at the same time it should start. If you look on op 30, you can see that is the case there, i.e. I think the order was also rescheduled after op 30 was reported with more hours then planned, but this does not impact the answer on this question!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Martin 

thankyou for the information you have provided and I have checked the history tab like suggested and your assumption was spot on!  

kind regards

Jaime