Question

Routing Address-File-Output File Name Adjustments Needed

• 25 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Apps 10: Trying to set up Routing Rules to send Report Designer Report PDF to Connect saving the PDFs off to a Network File Share.  Need to include the order number or invoice number or pick list number etc as part of the file name so users can easily find the PDF.  This should be standard file naming to include the object name for users to be able to locate specific files.  I am not finding anything that shows how to configure this.  Output File set up has the %TAG=ANY_MESSAGE_VARIABLE% option but what this means isn’t explained anywhere in the documentation.  Would be great to have more in depth instructions around these processes.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Shelley,

Have you tried to use a report rules?

In IFS Report Rules, there is an Action Type call “Route to Connect”. You can set the value File for the connector field. Then, you have to set the output type based on your requirement. There is an option to define the Output file name and you can fetch the required attributes to the field from list of values. 

If you are going to set the file name in routing address, the values for the naming attribute should be available in Application message. Then you can use the keyword TAG to set the name. I haven’t tried this. But, I guess the file name set in the report rule also set in the same way..

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I noticed I incorrectly labeled as App10-We are currently on Apps9.  Thanks for the reply...

I have set up Report Rule - Route to Connect for File Connector.  In the AddressData field I used the IFS Application Server default location mapping along with the REP fields we need to include in the filename: I:\ifs\filerep1\DEV9\out\[#ReportTitle]_[@CUSTOMER_ORDER_PICK_LIST_REP/CONTRACT]_[@CUSTOMER_ORDER_PICK_LIST_REP/PICK_LIST_NO]  --- this works perfect, no Routing Rule required BUT we need these files to actually go to a Network Location so we tried mapping a drive on the Application Server and it doesn’t like that so we will review Extended Server to see if we can set a new property for the mapped location so IFS recognizes it.

Turns out the Report Rule is way easier to configure than the Routing Rules and will then be located with all the other Report Rules I am using for various printer routings and don’t have to document yet another “Rule” to manage.

In the IFS Documentation they have 2 screen prints both examples are for Mail.  No documentation at all for File or any of the other types.  One screen print does have the OutputFileName and OutputType fields BUT I do not see these.  Not sure how or why there are different Action Properties for the same Route to Connect process.  They did not specify why there were 2 different views.

Documentation does indicate you have to define the “Connector, Connector Instance and some other IFS Connect properties” but again no explanation about what those some other IFS Connect Properties are….

We are oh so close now!