Solved

RMB option "Outside Operation Complete at Vendor" enabling

• 16 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello,

There is a disabled RMB option “Outside Operation Complete at Vendor" when reporting outside operations (subcontracted operations) in shop order operations reporting. I know that we normally do this by involving a purchase order. When I referred IFS Online documentation, it says that the above RMB option can be used when the Purch component is not installed.

Can someone confirm that it means that RMB is always disabled if the Purchase (Procurement) component is installed ?

Is there a way (some setting or system parameter) to enable that RMB even if the Purchase is installed ?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 16 July 2020, 15:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I believe it is a simplified way of reporting outside operations when not using IFS Purchase Order, hence, it is only available when Purchase Order is not installed. 

Why would you like to use this option? Why are you trying to achieve? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I believe it is a simplified way of reporting outside operations when not using IFS Purchase Order, hence, it is only available when Purchase Order is not installed. 

Why would you like to use this option? Why are you trying to achieve? 

Actually, one of our customers have asked why it is disabled for them, and they have insisted that they remember it has been enabled for them some time back while purchase component is installed. I have explained them with this scenario and also explained that they can simplify the process by changing the Outside Op Supply type to Released Purchase Order and Outside Operation Report Level to Purchase order arrival.

I just wanted to confirm that there is no way to enable it through any system parameters or some setting.

Thank you for your reply 😊