Question

Reset automatically generated Serial number

• 12 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi IFS Users,

WE need to update the Ser.number from some articles to a smaller free number range.

eg Art A ser.number in IFS : 99000 - 99050    =>    The 50 used Ser.no were obsolete and have been scraped.
We would like to reset the number range to begin with 10100 (there is no bigger number in IFS yet).

Thanks for any help

Volker

4 replies

Badge

Serial numbers can be manually or automatically reset. To automatically reset a serial number, click Design > Design Properties > Reset Serial Numbers, and then click OK. The new instances on the design sheet are given new serial numbers. Existing serial numbers are not changed and may have to be manually reset.

Badge

Serial numbers can be manually or automatically reset. To automatically reset a serial number, click Design > Design Properties > Reset Serial Numbers, and then click OK. The new instances on the design sheet are given new serial numbers. Existing serial numbers are not changed and may have to be manually reset.

Hello,

can you tell me this solution is helpful or not.

Thanks,
Mi Ocado

Badge +2

Hi Alvin, 
thanks for you help….
Trying to reproduce your hint I can’t find the Design → Design Properties menu.
How do I have to navigate to find this?

sorry for the late rsponse, but we went live on 1 Oct so a lot of topics to solve…

:-)

Volker

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Alvin54L  please can you let me know where is the Design page located ? I couldn’t find it . The environment I am working on is 23R1

Thanks in advance !

Kind Regards

Yashodha