Solved

Reschedule Shop Order

• 24 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Is it possible to reschedule a single past due shop order?

If we use the following option, then we have to reschedule all the past due Shop Orders belonging to a Site.
Customer requirement is to reschedule specified past due SOs.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 25 November 2021, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

For a single shop order, I would recommend on the Shop Order itself, use the RMB for Update Earliest Start Date according to Material Availability if there is no intention to continue to backwards schedule.  Which seems a possibility.  More explained in this post.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ShawnBerk,

Thank you for sharing this.

But in my case, Shop Order is past due, operation start/ finish dates are in the past.
Therefore, Schedule Shop Order option doesn’t seem to be working.

I created the following example in a reference environment couple of days back.
At first, SO operations were as follow,

Then I RMB on SO > and scheduled the SO using “Schedule Shop Order” option,

But what happened was the first open operation was rescheduled according to the Earliest Start Date of the SO.
But this date is already in the past. I tried rescheduling today also (25th Nov), but I got the same result.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Updated the Earliest Start Date to today and then scheduled the SO, issue resolved.
Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, I meant for you to use the RMB from the Shop Order > Material Planning > Update ESD….

This will automatically reset the Earliest Start Date to today and calculate the remainder from there.

There is a small bit of info on this function in the IFS help too.

Changing the date manually does sort of the same thing as it resets the initiation date for the reschedule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shani Fernando  If you are in the overview Shop Orders, you can select one or several shop orders and click Schedule. This opens a dialog where you can select to forward schedule these from a selected date (like today or tomorrow)

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Björn Hultgren, @ShawnBerk,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Both options worked.

Best Regards,
 Shani