Question

REPALCE_REVISION and Engineering Part Change History

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 554 replies

Community,

We have an engineering structure, for example, below MAKE part A, MAKE part B, BUY part C. in Released status.

A----------------Rev 0 

B-------------Rev 0

C----------Rev. 0 

now Engineering team is upgraded part C Rev.0 to Rev.1 and they use parameter REPALCE_REVISION = 3 replaced it into the product structure. now the structure looks like below.

A -------------Rev 0

B-----------Rev 0

C-------Rev 1

my question is, what is the best way to monitor this change. since product A revision remains 0. Does IFS has a report?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I believe the only place to view the replacement information in on the Journal tab?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@ronhu there is no report available for this. Rather, one would need to monitor Engineering Revision Transfer Status page for parts that are 1) in Released status, 2) have been transferred, and 3) the PDM Preliminary Rev Change = Changed.

I worked your scenario with the parts shown below. Structure is:

PBW-100 (Make)

PBW-101 (Make)

PBW-102 (Buy)

Released all engineering part revisions at rev A and transferred all to my Site.

Created and released new rev B of PBW-102.

Replaced PBW-102 rev A with rev B in engineering BOM of PBW-101, which flipped the PDM Preliminary Rev Change for PBW-101 rev A from ‘Not Changed’ to ‘Changed’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@matt.watters Appreciated your input. valuable input.

I also found journal at level PBW-101 note, system does mark the Rev replacement.

for example “Part Number 5731512 Revision 0 has been replaced with Part number 5731512 Revision 1 "repolace last level 0 to 1"”

we will explore more on the journal to extract a quick report for this.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ConMan Thank you for your input. 

We will explore more on Journal tab.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@matt.watters I am thinking of creating a quick report that cross referencing the contents of Engineering Revision Transger Actions and Engineering Part Revision Journal tab.

Thank you.