Question

Removing Manufacturing Part from a Part

• 22 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

A manufacturer’s part has been added to a Part and subsequently used in a Purchase Order Line Part. The error message displays when trying to remove the Manufacture’s Part No line MTG-218-90187.  We would like to remove the Manufacturer Part so that it no longer displays as  Manufacturer’s Part on the Part. By removing it, there is no chance that users will mistakenly use the Manufacturer part (even though it is not Preferred). Any recommendations on how to remove the ‘MTG-218-90187’ Manufacturer’s Part No?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We’ve had this same issue since going live with IFS in 2014.  We made a full integration with our PLM system to manage manufacturer part information, but we very quickly realized that once the part is used on a PO, it locks all of the connections to the part and you can no longer remove the manufacture part connection.  This essentially broke our interface because we had definite occasion to change or remove the existing manufacturer part record, but couldn’t.  In the end, we decided to disconnect the interface and no longer place any manufacturer part information within IFS on this table.  It is a great shame given the entire table and functional structure is there, but it is just too restrictive.  I add my comments here not as an offer for solution - as I have none - but in hopes that an IFS Employee notices the comments and makes a suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi,

I think this is possible. Just make sure you remove the record first from SFPP

Then go to Part window and remove it from bottom table first, then remove from top table.

Try this and let me know if it works

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

In my experience, you won’t be able to remove the MPN whilst there remains a line record in the PO. If the PO Line can be deleted, then the MPN will be able to be removed from the Master Part.

If the PO Line has been cancelled and the PO Line cannot be removed the MPN cannot be removed from the Master Part.

The only thing to do is set the MPN to Not Approved.

The MPN can still be deleted from the SfPP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Wade