Solved

Projections Grants

• 11 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All,

I am recently involved to setup some 21R1 configuration in various environments. When setting up I encountered various issues such as not knowing which projections to be granted in order to external clients to work, most of them are IAM clients. Which projections to be granted, information was passed by the Product Development teams which helped us. But is there a way to exactly know which projection should be granted so that the external clients would work.

e.g. AdvancedPlanningBoard, MaintenancePlanningBoardIntegration

I think in Aurena client we can search by Projections by Navigator so inside the client if something isn’t working, we probably can grant these projections to a specific permission set so the purpose is achieved. 

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 23 March 2021, 20:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

For Aurena pages, the process is quite easy. But for external clients, we either need to keep separate documentation for this or ship predefined permission sets with good names. I don’t know how we have done it in the features you mention though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

In the release notes for Manufacturing we have mentioned the following:

5.2 ADVANCED PLANNING BOARD AUTHENTICATION AND PERMISSION

The authentication method for Advanced Planning Board has been changed and therefore it is required to enable the authentication for this. The client ID IFS_cbs_native should be set to Enabled from IAM Client page to be able to open Advanced Planning Board. To perform transactions with Advance Planning Board, end-users must be granted permission to projection AdvancedPlanningBoardIntegrationHandling

Please try this and let me know the result.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Martin,

I have tried this, and it's working without a hassle. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to pre-know which permission/projection that I should grant. I think according to @Mathias Dahl if we can ship predefined permission sets that would be value addition. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@JerkerHultqvist  Do you have any input on this. I.e. what permission sets do we include and should also these special clients be delivered with a predefined permission set?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Now that projections have been introduced I think that to a large extent we don’t need predefined permission sets as much as before, but I see no problem in adding them when we think it will help. We ship IFS Cloud with 30+ predefined permission sets, and I think it is “okay”.