Solved

Print UoM

• 18 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What’s the significance of having the Print UoM same as the Inventory UoM? Is it mandatory all the time for all the parts? If not, what type of parts should have this? Only its reflected on reports like Picklist?

By the way we don’t use IFS Engineering module, so the field Print UoM in the IFS window ‘Receipe Structure’ is out of question

icon

Best answer by MBENSE 19 May 2021, 08:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I agree there is no need to have the print UoM same as the inventory UoM. On the inventory part, this is just used as the default value, when this part is used as a material in a product structure.

The idea with the Print UoM is to let the user define an alternate UoM to show in the pick lists etc. This UoM is more relevant to the persons working with the specific structure. For 21R2 we are extending the possibilities for this field to also be in another Base UoM, if there are a density defined for the part. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Martin 

Thanks for the reply. This is how I got the question. We use a custom RMB on the Inventory Part header called ‘Copy Part’. When I was trying to copy a particular part to another site through this only I got the error ‘The default Print UoM should be the same base UoM as the Inventory Part UoM’. When I changed thee Print UoM to the same as Inventory UoM, I am able to copy the part without error. 

So for a business like us who dosen’t use the Receipe Structure in IFS, only use of the Print UoM is that I can print pick lists with a secondary UoM? is that what you meant? Sorry if I got your explanation wrong. 

Cheers

Enzo

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @EnzoFerrari . Print UoM is also available in Product Structure and Configuration Structure, i.e. the value from Inventory Part is used as a default for all these structure types when adding the part as a new component. For all these structure types, the idea with Print UoM is to display the additional UoM and qty required in that UoM on the shop order related documents, like pick list.

Have you thought of trigger the Copy Part (core functionality) when doing your copy? In Aurena that option is available from Inventory Part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you thought of trigger the Copy Part (core functionality) when doing your copy? In Aurena that option is available from Inventory Part.

Hi Martin, actually no. When we switch to aurena I guess we can look at it. Thank You. 

And thank you for the detailed explanation regarding the Print UoM. Much appreciated. 

We still use IEE. I am wondering if I am able to get hold of a document that compares (new featurewise) IEE, Aurena and maybe the Cloud version as well? Do you know if IFS has that? Will be grateful if you can share that please.