Question

Planning method from engineering

• 23 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Can we set the planning method in the transfer template, so the inventory part has it directly and it’s not just A? In the help, it says it does, but where? Or which field should be added using Page designer?

Part Transfer Template

The part transfer template is a pre-defined template of inventory part information. It can include part planning information and the planning method. The part transfer template also includes inventory and manufacturing part attributes. It further includes attributes that control the transfer of alternate components defined in engineering. The template can be used in the the conversion from engineering parts to inventory parts, based on the part type. If the template does not exactly match the desired attributes, you can select one of the inventory part windows and update the information. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

Here in the Part Transfer Template, you can predefine all the required settings in the "Manufacturing" tab:

Sorry, I just realised that I misunderstood. Unfortunately, I don't know where or whether I can store the planning method in the transfer template. What else can be done is a custom event where the planning method for the inventory part changes depending on the template used. I hope this helps.