Solved

pegged / no pegged in DOP

• 24 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

how can we set the default method “create pegged” to Pegged or no pegged in a DOP?

Some components we never want it to be pegged. Doesn’t matter in which DOP. If we don’t have stock, we just want MRP to order it without a peg.

Other components can always be pegged. So it depend on the inventory part.

I can change it on the DOP itself, but do I need to do it each time?

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 24 February 2023, 11:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Parts for which you want DOP orders to be created with Pegged Orders you should set Default Supply Type = DOP.

Parts you want MRP to plan and hence you want DOP orders to be created with No Pegged Order you should set Default Supply Type = Requisition.

When you create the DOP structure you should select Structure Depth = DOP Parts and not Full Level.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

coming back on this.

Scenario:

We create a full level DOP. It’s far in the future, so we don’t want to net yet as we would reserve stock allready.

Some parts which we purchase for the shop orders, we don’t want create pegged orders for (items we have on stock). We can change the setting in the DOP to ‘No Pegged’, but could we default this setting as wel? It’s always for the same parts we need to change this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you only want to create DOP orders with Pegged orders for part of the BOM structure, you should not select the operation to create the DOP structure for Full Level, but only DOP parts. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I really hope I understand it wrong

We have a top part, consisting of a  structure of 20 shop orders.  We create a DOP (we want them to be pegged) for it, full level.

If we have a component which is one of those 20 shop orders allready in stock, we should not make it again. Can be the first shop order, can be the last one. Depends on previous project where we made too much. Netting solves this.

Al these shop orders require additional components which we buy.

Some of these components we want to order specific for this DOP. This is ok, it will be pegged, this is the standard setting. We don’t have stock so netting doesn’t do anything, releasing the DOP creates pegged purchase orders.

Other ones, we just want to take out of stock. If the DOP is in the near future, we can net it first. IFS will not create an additional PO when we release.

But, if the DOP is scheduled for in the far future, we don’t want to net allready as it will block the stock. We also don’t want to create a pegged order, so we need to mannualy change the setting to “Not pegged”. This is what we want to avoid, doing it manually for all these parts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@First Employee I’m afraid I cannot explain this much better than I previous tried to. You define on the part whether it should be planned by MRP or DOP as default (Default Supply Type), and this will control whether you get a DOP order with setting Pegged Orders (supply handled by DOP) or No Pegged Orders (supply handled by MRP) when you create the DOP with Structure Depth = DOP Parts

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

That’s what I was afraid for. In our case, we have parts with supply type DOP on a lever level then parts with supply type Requisition. This is because these parts are used in many different structures.

However, such a set-up isn’t possible in IFS.