Question

Package Part

• 18 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The company that I work is looking to utilize Package Part.

• I was wondering if somebody from the community has some documents about to utilize such module.
  • We are currently in IFS 9 and we are looking forward to upgrade to IFS 21. Anybody has some advice what is new in for package part or what was new for IFS 10 regarding to package part.

I will appreciate any feedback from you.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Package parts are sales parts consisting of a number of components, for example you may sell a bathroom kit which is made up of 2 taps, a sink, and a plug.

It makes it easier and simpler from a order flow perspective and has the usual functionality of language descriptions, charges, etc just like a sales part.

Instead of pricing individually, you can set a price for the package part itself and when the order is raised the demand will flow down to the component parts.

Regarding updates in IFS Cloud 21R1, there are no specific enhancements made to package parts.

Hope that this helps.

Regards,

Antony

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

We use Package Parts to “bundle up” multiple Sales Parts. It allows Sales to advertise a specific product offering with a part number that does not have to exist in Inventory.

We take orders for the Package Part number and it simply creates a Pick List for stores to ship the individual Sales Parts.

It is fairly straight forward to use, and is essentially a non-revision controlled product structure of Sales Parts. Be sure to un-tick the “Allow Incomplete Packages” if you don’t want bundles being part shipped.

Cheers,

Wade