Solved

outside operations - purchasing visibility

• 8 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi.

Our engineering department would like to use outside operation within manufacturing routings which will all have there own individual work centres set to ‘outside work centre’ and have a connected supplier to reduce the number of levels within a structure.

This seems to make sense as it can dramatically reduce the time and complexity of engineering required but our procurement department raised two issues 

Issue :1  limited forward visibility of future purchase requisitions and purchase orders, not visible until the shop order (with the outside operation) has been released, as when they are at planned this doesn't drive any demand.

Question: is there a way procurement can have greater visibility of future purchases requisitions or orders?

Issue 2: visibility of parts currently out being processed by an outside operation.

Question: how do they see what parts are currently at an outside operation?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't believe we are currently using the system correctly. (IFS Apps 10)

regards

Jamie 

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 8 December 2021, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  1. You can release an outside operation separately from releasing the shop order. I.e., when the shop order is still planned, you can release the outside operation which generates the PR/PO

2. You can use Shop Order Outside Operations page. Status In Process indicates some parts has been shipped and not yet received back. And you have Qty Shipped as a column and Completed Qty as another column indicating the quantity received back.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren thanks for the suggestion, that works great.

is there a way to automatically release ‘outside operations’ when a shop order is at planned ? possibly a custom event?

regards

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m not aware of any possibility to automate the release of outside operations. Maybe an event can do the job yes

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren thanks for the help! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Björn Hultgren, our quality department have asked if there is a way you can automatically connect the purchase order  that is generated when releasing the outside operation, to the shop order with the outside operation on?

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@jamiewhite  Not sure I understand the question. When you release the outside operation, a purchase requisition or purchase order is automatically created, and the created PR/PO is already linked to the shop order outside operation. The connection can be viewed in Shop Order Outside Operations page.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Björn Hultgren thanks for clarifying. 

regards

Jamie