Solved

Outside Operation Cost in Part Cost

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Greetings to all! :)

To include the Cost from the OutsideOperationItem (purchased part) used for Outside Operation we must manually enter a value in the column "unit cost" in the  view Outside Operation Cost.  

When it is not entered in the view Outside Operation Cost - it is not included in the Part Cost Calculation for the Main Part where the Outside Operation ITEM is included in the routing.  

We have the cost for this Outside Operation item in the Purchase Part (Supplier for Purchase Part),  

Why do we have to enter the value again in outside operation cost? 

Can this be automized?

Event?

Or is some basic data/connection in the costing missing?  

Thank you in advance,

/F

icon

Best answer by Tharindu Illangasinghe 3 May 2021, 13:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @EvrFelipP,

For Standard Cost calculation you need to enter a cost value in the “Outside Operation Costs” window. Price in the Supplier for Purchase part will not be shown in the cost calculation.

Additionally, make sure the Cost Template of the Manufacturing part includes the Cost Buckets of Subcontract Costs (that comprises of Cost Elements 410, 420 or 421).

If you are to deviate from this design then I believe it will be mostly a customization.

However, when it comes to Shop Order cost estimates, it first tried to take the cost value from “Outside Operation Costs” window and if the cost is zero there, then it will take from Primary- Supplier for Purchase part.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you so much for getting back to me @Tharindu Illangasinghe ! 

Regards, 

/Felipe

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thank you so much for getting back to me @Tharindu Illangasinghe ! 

Regards, 

/Felipe

You are welcome :slight_smile: