Question

Operation starting in parallel - how to stop it?

• 20 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

I am fairly new to IFS Apps 10 and would like to know how to stop operations from scheduling to start in parallel in the same work centre?

Within this work centre we only have 2 shop floor employees and have tried to replicate this by setting the ‘resource quantity for calculation’  2 and set the ‘capacity calculation bases’ to group.

How do it get it to schedule so the same operation doesn't plan to start in parallel?

regards

Jamie

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Without the use of CBS, IFS will always schedule each shop order without considering other orders, hence, several shop order operations can be scheduled parallel /overlapping on a work center resource.

If you would use IFS Aurena client you could select the operations in Shop Order Operations page and use the Sequence Shop Order Operations assistant to schedule them one after another. This also allows sequencing them based on certain characteristic values like Color. 

Another option is to use IFS APB for this purpose. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @jamiewhite ,

Did you try the “Operation Block” functionality in the application ?

Using that, first you can add your operations in the same work center to a operation block. 

Now, in the Connected Operations tab you can see the operations. Also, those are currently scheduled to be run in parallel (because you are using Infinite Scheduling in the work center and I assume you don’t use ABP/CBS functionalities)

Then, RMB on the header and use the option “Schedule Operation Block”

I believe you are using Backward Scheduling so I have selected that. The select “Schedule in Sequence” option. Click “Ok”

And now you can see your operations are running in sequence

(In my calendar I have defined 12pm to 1pm as lunch time, hence the gap ;) )

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Tharindu

thankyou for your help, i was not aware of the operation block function in IFS.

I will try this today to see if i can get it to work and plan the operations in sequence.

Will this work for shop order that are already released or just at the planned stage?

thanks

Jamie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@jamiewhite  It is possible to include and schedule also Released operations in operation blocks.