Question

No update on subassembly part cost

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

when a new part is created and an existing subassembly is used my customer would like the cost not to be updated on the existing subassembly since this would effect the cost of the other parts using the same subassembly.

Anyone that have ideas on how to solve this issue?

Customer is currently running apps 8 but is in the progress of upgrading to apps 10. The same behavior of the system has been observed in both versions.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @KristinaB ,

Does it mean that the existing subassembly is used as a component in the product structure of the newly created part ?

And customer does not want the cost of the subassembly to be re-calculated when the cost of the new part is calculated ?

If that’s the situation, customer can perform the cost calculation for only the top level (One level part cost calculation).

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @KristinaB ,

Does it mean that the existing subassembly is used as a component in the product structure of the newly created part ?

And customer does not want the cost of the subassembly to be re-calculated when the cost of the new part is calculated ?

If that’s the situation, customer can perform the cost calculation for only the top level (One level part cost calculation).

Thanks,

When I try that the changes in the cost of purchased components on the same level as the subassembly is not taken into consideration either. they want all other changes to be considered, but exclude some parts.

Might even be that they have one new subassembly and one old, the old one should be left untouched and the new one should be calculated. 

Is the solution then to manually calculate all levels and parts one by one bottom up to get the correct cost on top level without re-calculating the subassembly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @KristinaB ,

Yes, it is a solution. Then it will use the pre-calculated cost of the subassembly.

Also, I would suggest creating a new cost set and calculating All Part Cost Calculation within that cost set, and copying to cost set 1 for that newly created part, if it would be desired to appear the current updated/calculated cost of the subassembly for the newly created part.

Thanks,