Question

No Configuration tab in Inventory Part

• 11 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Dear all,
I created a part ‘hammer’ as configurable as seen below – It says this will enable the configuration tab in Inventory part window,  its not enabled IE there is no configuration tab in inventory part window. So is there way to enable configuration tab in that page?

Setup is done as below –

But unable to receive stock into inventory with below error displayed –

Thank you and Best regards,
Sakun Edirisinghe

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @XitSakunE,

You raised the question in the Community group for the ‘FSM and PSO’ product group.

Since the issue is related to IFS Apps, I think you will be able to get a quick answer if you raise the question in the relevant product-specific group [Ex: Products(Manufacturing, Products, Engineering)]

Thanks and regards,

Bhanuka

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Bhanuka Abeygoonawardana ,

Thank you for infoming. Without creating a new question, can i change the group? And may i know any document regarding how to setup ‘ConfigPartCatalog’ in APPS10?

Thank you and Best regards.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @XitSakunE ,

If you want to receive configurable part in your inventory, you have to select a configuration ID which you want to receive.

Please kindly check below;

If there is no configuration ID created before, you can use interim order or shopr order etc.

After completing your configuration you can use your configuration ID whereever you want.

You may want to delete the shop order after you receive the part.

And last  @KristenGastaldo may help to change topic group FSM to IFS without creating a new question

Hope it helps.

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Dear @XitSakunE ,

If you want to receive configurable part in your inventory, you have to select a configuration ID which you want to receive.

Please kindly check below;

If there is no configuration ID created before, you can use interim order or shopr order etc.

After completing your configuration you can use your configuration ID whereever you want.

You may want to delete the shop order after you receive the part.

And last  @KristenGastaldo may help to change topic group FSM to IFS without creating a new question

Hope it helps.

Ozgun Bal

Hello @Ozgun BAL ,

Thank you so much your response and your support. This question came from one of my consultant(work place). I will inform you if this is the answer for this question. And one more thing, i got error called “Part cannot be set to configurable since ConfigPartCatalog is not installed.”. So is there any document to follow the ConfigPartCatalog installation?

Sakun Edirisinghe.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Ozgun BAL ,

Thank you so much your response and your support. This question came from one of my consultant(work place). I will inform you if this is the answer for this question. And one more thing, i got error called “Part cannot be set to configurable since ConfigPartCatalog is not installed.”. So is there any document to follow the ConfigPartCatalog installation?

Sakun Edirisinghe.

Hello @XitSakunE ,

I am not familiar with the error but I assume you want to change non-configurable part to configurable part with using tick box in the part page, which is impossible to do if the part used in transactions before I think.

Can you share a screenshot please to how do you get this error message please? 

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

And last  @KristenGastaldo may help to change topic group FSM to IFS without creating a new question

This has been moved now. Thanks for your patience!