Solved

New Part Assistant

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am looking into streamlining the current manufactured Inventory Part creation process. Today, our Engineering department uses the Copy Part feature to create a new mfg Inventory Part. Unfortunately, while this process is quick, it has lead to issues where parameters are set incorrect (Inventory Part record form). Most of the time, this is due to the associate forgetting to change a planning parameter, or general part information. 

I did find the New Part Assistant wizard, but it appears to only work for Purchased Parts and Non-Inventory Sales Parts.

I was hoping a wizard similar to the NPA would exist to quickly enter an Inventory Part. I have not found anything, and was curious what other methods may be available to enter the basic data elements needed to start a new manufactured Inventory Part record. 

icon

Best answer by ConMan 10 May 2022, 08:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi cjohnson,

If you are starting with an EPR, have you tried using the Engineering Revision Transfer function?

You can create Part Templates to pre-fill common parameters in the IP too.

If you’re creating the IP from scratch, perhaps you can’t use the wizard for Manufactured Parts as it needs a structure?

Cheers,

Wade

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Yes @ConMan I have looked at Part Templates and Engineering Parts/transfers.