Question

Mfg control plan - Trigger type - Time interval

• 30 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Question regarding this explanation - Time Interval - When the routing operation reporting is started, this trigger type creates an analysis automatically according to the defined time interval for the routing operation number of interest, for instance, Once Every Hour. This will continue until the production is finished. Analysis will only be created during work hours.

What does during work hours mean? 

And what happens when you produce one serial part per shop order (qty 1) and you want to do an analysis once per day? and produce 5 of the serial parts per day, so 5 shop orders and your shifts are only 8 hours long?  so will the once per day analysis be automatically created every day, or will it only happen once 24 hours of working hours are logged which could be once every three days?  I have tested this and I don’t understand the logic, it seems to be creating more than one analysis per day.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

If you select the trigger type Time interval and 1 day, this means that a new analysis is created every 24 hours. The rule is that with each trigger type ALWAYS at each start a first analysis is created and then in the set interval. However, since you always work only 8h per day on this operation and then stop again and start the next day (where by the new start immediately again an analysis is created) you never come to this day runtime (24h). This is the reason why you don't get to your expected behavior. As long as you don't work on this operation without stop for at least 24h, the setting 1 day doesn't bring you anything.

Does this help you?

Best regards,
Mike

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In addition; what happens here is a Scheduled task named “Shedule Manuf Trigger” for the Specific Order and Operation Number is created, once the Operation is moved to state Started.

Based on the Time Interval you have defined in the Trigger, the Next execution Date is calculated and displayed in the Scheduled Task.

If the Next Execution Time is Working time Based on the Calendar Connected to the Operation, then An Analysis is created by the System at the time displayed in the Calculated next Execution Date.

If the calculated time is not a working time (After of before work or a Holiday) then no analysis is created to avoid creation of un necessary analysis created for inspections to be carried out at non-working time.

So in your example, find the corresponding Schedule task and check the Next Execution time and see if the Schedule Task is executed if that time within the working time.

Badge +4

Dameenda,

so if I create 5 shop orders in the same day, a scheduled task is created for each shop order and they are treated independently?  It doesn’t just look at the part and when the last analysis was taken, regardless of the shop order number?  I see 5 scheduled tasks got created when I was testing this out.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes. each shop order is considered, the Shop Order analysis is created for the specific Shop Order Operation.