Question

Material Overhead

• 26 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 0 replies

I’m trying to set an a material OH that will be applied when an item is received from a SO (OOREC). Is there such a thing, and if so, how do I set that up? I have tried creating a cost element based on element source 110 (also one based on 500) and OH type Material OH. These have been added to a cost bucket, and a cost template, and the cost template added to a few different parts. So far, I have not yet been able to get these to roll up into the part cost. Any tips or ideas on what I could be missing? I am using IFS8 if that makes any difference.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you evaluated the General Shop Order OH? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

It would be good if we can clarify if you mean Material Overhead, which is overhead cost associated with issueing of COMPONENTS to the manufactured part, OR if you mean General Overhead cost, which in this context is related to the administration work of the shop orders (or other overhead related to the manufactured part which is not operation/work center specific)

How do you create overhead cost buckets in IFS? Well my advice is to use the Overhead Cost Assistant which you can find in the navigator.

I try to summarize the steps you need to take to create a general overhead cost bucket in the mentioned assistant:

1)Create a general overhead cost element (will also create a cost bucket with same ID)
2) Choose overhead type General Overhead
3) Would you base it on a %-factor or a fixed cost? (fixed cost can be per unit or per batch (=>lot size))
3.5) You can base the the “%” on Total Cost (using source element 500 or 502)
4) And then you can assign it to a Cost Template - normally it is the M-110 Cost Template

And that it!
Next step is to roll up your cost in your working cost set. 
And finally copy costs into cost set 1.
Then you are ready to rock in the shop order flow :-)

However your General Overhead transaction will fall out when you start the shop order, and not upon receive. (Starting from apps9 the general oh transaction can be adjusted, to reflect the actual cost when the shop order is being closed)

Please get back if you need further assistance or if you actually mean Material Overhead

Best Regards

-Mats

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

It would be good if we can clarify if you mean Material Overhead, which is overhead cost associated with issueing of COMPONENTS to the manufactured part, OR if you mean General Overhead cost, which in this context is related to the administration work of the shop orders (or other overhead related to the manufactured part which is not operation/work center specific)

How do you create overhead cost buckets in IFS? Well my advice is to use the Overhead Cost Assistant which you can find in the navigator.

I try to summarize the steps you need to take to create a general overhead cost bucket in the mentioned assistant:

1)Create a general overhead cost element (will also create a cost bucket with same ID)
2) Choose overhead type General Overhead
3) Would you base it on a %-factor or a fixed cost? (fixed cost can be per unit or per batch (=>lot size))
3.5) You can base the the “%” on Total Cost (using source element 500 or 502)
4) And then you can assign it to a Cost Template - normally it is the M-110 Cost Template

And that it!
Next step is to roll up your cost in your working cost set. 
And finally copy costs into cost set 1.
Then you are ready to rock in the shop order flow :-)

However your General Overhead transaction will fall out when you start the shop order, and not upon receive. (Starting from apps9 the general oh transaction can be adjusted, to reflect the actual cost when the shop order is being closed)

Please get back if you need further assistance or if you actually mean Material Overhead

Best Regards

-Mats

Hi Mats,

Can you let us know how to adjust the general oh transaction while closing a shop order. We are using apps 10

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Mats,

Yes, Please let us know how to adjust the OH transaction while closing the shop order.

Thanks,