Question

Mass update Scrap Factors

• 4 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Does anyone know of a way to Mass update scrap factors for unlinked templates in IFS?  We have a bunch or parts that need to be updated and the link to the templates were broken. So if we update the template, the select number of parts are not updated as well.   

If anyone also knows how to mass update standard operations by part number that would also be very helpful for us!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I think you are only going to be able to do this via a migration job.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ShawnBerk is that a background job or an EFA? I am sorry not sure what you mean by migration job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@mmullozzi 

No, it is neither of those objects.  Migration Job is a way to change data at the table level, but it is not something that a user would be able to do.  I’m just indicating for the item you want to change, this is the only way I know to update that information.

Migration jobs have to be setup against the table that needs changed and the fields to be updated could be uploaded from a spreadsheet.

You can read about Migration Jobs in the IFS help, it isn’t something that could easily be explained in a forum post.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ShawnBerk I work in IT, I think it is a database task/scheduled task you are referring to. Thanks for the reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@mmullozzi 

No, actually, I’m definitely talking about Migration Jobs.  Something that is quite different from the other objects you’ve mentioned.  Migration jobs can be scheduled, but that is the only relation to scheduled tasks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Sorry @ShawnBerk I didn’t see that when i was searching in the F1 online help.  I will dig into that thanks so much!