Question

Mass unreserve issued part/component from shop orders

• 7 February 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Inventory Part in Stock Reservations lets you search for a part and you can see where this part is reserved on Shop Orders.

Is there any functionality in IFS which lets you mass unreserve part from several shop orders rather than going into each individual shop order and then unreserve material?

This would save lot of time for users.

It may be done using Custom Menu option but wondering if it is available out of box.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try the Shop Order Materials window. Here you can search for reserved material lines from several shop orders.

Fort curiosity. What's the scenario where you need to mass unreserve material on a regular basis? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Try the Shop Order Materials window. Here you can search for reserved material lines from several shop orders.

Fort curiosity. What's the scenario where you need to mass unreserve material on a regular basis? 

Not sure there is Shop Order Materials window, as I cannot find it. Are you referring to Shop Order Material Planning? If so I cannot see there anything which can mass unreserve material.

Basically planners have reserved a Part to many shop orders. But now this part has failed so they want to unreserve from all shop orders. It can happen now and then, but takes long time for users to unreserve individually from each shop order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Shop Order Materials was introduced in Apps 10 so if you're on an earlier version that would not be a solution unfortunately. It's basically an overview of shop order material lines so you can do lots of mass updates and actions for material lines from different orders from here. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Shop Order Materials was introduced in Apps 10 so if you're on an earlier version that would not be a solution unfortunately. It's basically an overview of shop order material lines so you can do lots of mass updates and actions for material lines from different orders from here. 

We are on Apps9. So I guess the only option is Custom Menu?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

You can Search your Material reserved shop orders in “Shop Orders” window Select material reserved shop orders and unreserve.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

You can Search your Material reserved shop orders in “Shop Orders” window Select material reserved shop orders and unreserve.

Jagath

Yes you can use this option only when you know the shop orders where the part is reserved to. Also using this option I believe it will unreserve shop order itself?

What we want is unreserving a specific material part from all shop orders it is reserved under.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@bhavesh To mass-unreserve specific material lines for multiple shop orders in Apps 9 I think you will need to build a custom menu. You can add it to either Inventory Parts in Stock Reservations, or Shop Order Allocations per Part I think.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@bhavesh yes if you unreserve from Shop Orders window, it would unreserve all the selected shop orders.

I don’t think we have the functionality which you are looking at in core application and, I think @Björn Hultgren ‘s solution might work on your requirement.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am not aware of anything that does this out of the box in IFS 9, though we would also benefit from that functionality!

Instead, we have 3 custom menus available from the Inventory Part Availability Planning window.  The first two trigger custom scripts on the selected Shop Orders.  The third is a simple jump to the Shop Orders Material Planning window that will enable users to replace to alternate components, or take any other action they may need.

If you end up trying something different, please share -- I’d be interested to know what you decide to do!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There’s a “Shop Order Allocations per Part” screen which you might be able to add a custom RMB to to Unreserve …

We created a custom screen of the SO Material tab to allow querying against multiple shop orders (ifsapf:tbwMaterialAlloc).  You might be able to add “Unreserve” to this.

Linda